[syslinux] [5.10] PXE + dhcp opts 209, 210 and path issues in tftp/http

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Jun 10 07:57:50 PDT 2013

On 06/10/2013 07:53 AM, Matt Fleming wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun, at 07:24:21AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> VMS pathnames with semicolons are the same as in iso9660 -- version
>> numbers that are extremely rarely used.  However, since file listings
>> display them, they have to be stripped off.
>>
>> So it is probably OK for the four people in the world that might have a
>> VMS server.
>
> Next thing I see is HTTP paths. Problem? We could require that all HTTP
> strings are encoded.

OK, http paths is potentially ugly if nothing else.  I'm starting to
think quotation marks might be the better syntax choice after all.  It
also gives us a line of sight to allowing spaces in filenames.

Either that or make the path a list rather than a string, using the
normal word separators when entered on the command line, a bit like the
(t)csh does.  That is a bigger change but is probably a better solution.