[syslinux] memdisk and iso, speed up

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 11:00:58 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> On 06/11/2013 10:06 AM, upen wrote:
> >>
> >> Good to see that 'site-option-space "pxelinux"' is added.
> >>

> I recommend using vendor-option-space instead.  The server doesn't
> always force delivery of site-option-space options, but
> vendor-option-space options aren't negotiated and so are always sent.
>
>         -hpa

So I commented out site-option-space.. line and added for
vendor-option-space.
#site-option-space "pxelinux";
 vendor-option-space pxelinux;

stop/start DHCP server and booted the client.

I see the banner of 1994-2013 H Peter Anvin et all followed by ........ on
the new line.

TCPdump is attached.

Thanks!
--
upen,
emerge -uD life (Upgrade Life with dependencies)