[syslinux] Syslinux 6.00 released

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Tue Jun 25 09:11:00 PDT 2013

Hallo, Matt,

Du meintest am 25.06.13:

>> ld: i386 architecture of input file `zlib/adler32.o' is incompatible
>> with i386:x86-64 output

> By any chance are you using debian? Or gcc 4.8 on i386?

No - slackware. Continuously updated since about 1996 ...

gcc (GCC) 4.7.1 on an i386 machine.

        uname -m

leads to

        export ARCH=i486

> Your toolchain isn't compiling zlib/adler32.o as an x86-64 object,
> rather it's dropping the '-m64' flag and compiling it as 32-bit.

Which part of "Makefile" (or any other file) asks for that job?

I've used the slackware build script which worked like a charme for
earlier syslinux versions (3.x to 5.10). The compile command is a pure
"make".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut