[syslinux] Syslinux 6.00 released

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 06:40:17 PDT 2013

> Hallo, Matt,
>
> Du meintest am 25.06.13:
>
> >> Not really... let's just document "make bios".
>
> > There's preliminary documentation in doc/building.txt.
>
> (sent to you and to the mailing list; some robot blocks the list ...)
>
> Additionally:
>
> Compiling (with "make bios") worked.
>
> Running "pxelinux": more problems than with 5.10.
>
> 5.00-pre6: all worked fine
>
> 5.10: the start menu (GUI) wasn't shown; "tab" showed the labels, and
> the textual menus. Invoking the labels worked.
>
> 6.00: no GUI start menu. "tab" showed the textual menus. Invoking them
> seems to do nothing (after some seconds).
>
> (Please excuse my gerlish)
>
> ----------- /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default ------------
>
> timeout 1200
> # 120 Sekunden
> # display menu
> # delay 200
> prompt  0
> # prompt  1	# wartet auf "enter"-Taste
>
> # default menu.c32
> # http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Comboot/menu.c32
>
> default local
> UI vesamenu.c32
> # Gene Cumm, 19. aug. 2010
> # braucht "MENU BACKGROUND"-Bild
> include colors.txt
>
> ontimeout   local
> onerror     local
>
> KBDMAP  german.kbd
>
> MENU TITLE Menu
> MENU BACKGROUND Arktur.jpg
> MENU TABMSG Optionen aendern: <TAB>; Abbruch: <ESC>; Untermenu: <enter>
>
> LABEL local
>     MENU DEFAULT
>     MENU LABEL Booten von der ersten Festplatte
>     COM32 chain.32
>     APPEND hd0
>     MENU AUTOBOOT Start in # Sekunden
>
> MENU SEPARATOR
>
> # Bootdisk
> LABEL bootdisk
> 	MENU LABEL ^Boot-Disketten
> 	kernel menu.c32
> 	append conf/bootdisk.conf zurueck.txt
>     TEXT HELP
> 	    einige Boot-Disketten
>     ENDTEXT
>
> # livecd
> LABEL livecd
> 	MENU LABEL ^Live-CDs
> 	kernel menu.c32
> 	append conf/livecd.conf zurueck.txt
>     TEXT HELP
> 	    Linux (Slackware, Ubuntu) oder Windows
>     ENDTEXT
>
> # avira
> LABEL avira
> 	MENU LABEL ^Avira Virenscanner
> 	kernel menu.c32
> 	append conf/avira.conf zurueck.txt
>
> LABEL Reste
> 	MENU LABEL Reste
> 	kernel menu.c32
> 	append conf/rest.conf zurueck.txt
> #
>
> ---------------------------- end ----------------
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

 If I may, I would suggest as first test, changing in the cfg file
the line "UI vesamenu.c32" to "UI menu.c32". If the behavior
improves, you would have (yet another) confirmation that vesamenu.c32
is not working as expected in 6.xx.

My next suggestion for testing would be to comment out the "UI"
directive and use "PROMPT 1" instead of "PROMPT 0" so to see if the
behavior improves (invoking labels and/or the menu from CLI).

Regards,
Ady.