[syslinux] How to find Syslinux version

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 14:07:01 PDT 2013

> Hallo, Ady,
>
> Du meintest am 26.06.13:

> >> [matt at mfleming-mobl1 syslinux]$ cat version
> >> 5.11 2013
>

> > In addition, when using the Syslinux installers, "-v" and "--version"
> > are already available, just as "--help".
>
> I need the version especially for pxelinux ...
>
> > When in the Syslinux prompt, pressing 'CTRL+v' should give the
> > version too, but I don't remember if this is available in all
> > Syslinux variants.
>
> "syslinux" shows it version at least when booting. "pxelinux" seems to
> tell nothing. Neither to the server side nor to the client side.
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

And what I am suggesting is for you to boot with "PXELINUX" 6.xx, and
once you get to your boot menu (now that your vesamenu is somehow
working), press ESC to get to the "PXELINUX" (Syslinux) command
prompt and then press "CTRL+v". In SYSLINUX and ISOLINUX, pressing
"CTRL+v" in the CLI shows the version. I don't know about this matter
in PXELINUX 6.xx, so I might possibly be completely wrong.

I know some changes to keys usage were made recently. "CTRL+v" might
or might not provide you with the version. You might want to try
'CTRL+v' just in case.

Regards,
Ady.