[syslinux] Syslinux 6.00 released

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jun 27 08:18:24 PDT 2013

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Helmut Hullen wrote:

> Du meintest am 25.06.13:
>
>>> We could probably fabricate a script of some sort to check for the
>>> required version of gnu-efi, and skip it if not found, unless the
>>> user explicitly requested that the EFI files be built, in which case
>>> we'd error out.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>
>> Not really... let's just document "make bios".
>
> By the way: what about an option "-v" or "--version"?
>
> It's a bit nasty to find the version of syslinux or pxelinux with an
> editor or so ...

For Relax-and-Recover we need the syslinux version to know what
capabilities are working to generate a configuration file, and our script
does the following until it finds a match:

     extlinux --version
     syslinux --version
     strings isolinux.bin | awk '/^ISOLINUX / { print $2 }'
     strings pxelinux.0 | awk '/^PXELINUX / { print $2 }'

Maybe that is useful to you ?
-- dagit linux solutions, contact at dagit.net, http://dagit.net/