[syslinux] Syslinux 6.00 released

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Jun 27 09:20:00 PDT 2013

Hallo, Dag,

Du meintest am 27.06.13:

>> By the way: what about an option "-v" or "--version"?
>>
>> It's a bit nasty to find the version of syslinux or pxelinux with an
>> editor or so ...

> For Relax-and-Recover we need the syslinux version to know what
> capabilities are working to generate a configuration file, and our
> script does the following until it finds a match:

>      extlinux --version
>      syslinux --version
>      strings isolinux.bin | awk '/^ISOLINUX / { print $2 }'
>      strings pxelinux.0 | awk '/^PXELINUX / { print $2 }'

> Maybe that is useful to you ?

Thanks - I need the version mostly for pxelinux, and there "ctrl v" does
the job especially when the client wants to know the server's version.

On the server looking with something like "strings" (or a text editor)
is a sufficient solution, especially for pxelinux whose directory is
somewhere.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut