[syslinux] syslinux6 EFI fail to boot via pxe

Michael Szerencsits szerencsits.michael at gmx.at
Thu Jun 27 11:16:35 PDT 2013

Am 27. Juni 2013 17:44:58 schrieb Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org>:
> OK, now that's just weird. You don't see any response whatsoever from
> tapping at the keys?

That's correct. Nothing happen.

> If you set a TIMEOUT, can you run a DEFAULT even though you cannot type?
> That's one way to figure out whether the machine is dead at that point
> or not. A useful DEFAULT might be reboot.c32, that way even if the bug
> is in the display code, you'll still notice your machine rebooting.

Few seconds after the error "TFTP unknown protocol" is shown, the system
reboot.
That's without the TIMEOUT and DEFAULT set.
But I think it's dead. I would test this tomorrow.

> This is starting to sound like the core EFI code is hitting some nuance
> of your firmware, and it's not handling it correctly.

I agree, because the 32bit version has worked in VMWare (when I remember
correct, also the boot text was shown)
and the 64bit has worked on the Lenovo system.

> --
> Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center

Regards
Michael

Gesendet mit AquaMail für Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com