[syslinux] extlinux >= 5.01 menu.c32 timeout doesn't work

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Fri Jun 28 04:24:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am using qemu for testing new versions of syslinux before installing on an embedded computer.
Everything works fine under qemu (1.5.0), so I updated extlinux from 4.06 to 5.11-pre3 on the computer.

I found that the autostart's timeout does not work.
The timeout value is correct but nothing happens.
It worked well with extlinux 4.06...

I tried with extlinux 5.01, 5.10, 5.11-pre3 and 6.01-pre4, same problem.

This is probably related to the bios ?
Have you encountered this issue ?

Thanks,
--
Romain Naour

OPEN WIDE Ingénierie - Paris
23/25, rue Daviel| 75013 PARIS
http://ingenierie.openwide.fr

Le blog des technologies libres et embarquées :
http://www.linuxembedded.fr