[syslinux] extlinux >= 5.01 menu.c32 timeout doesn't work

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Sun Jun 30 04:00:30 PDT 2013

Le 29/06/2013 12:39, Gene Cumm a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Romain Naour <romain.naour at openwide.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using qemu for testing new versions of syslinux before installing on an embedded computer.
>> Everything works fine under qemu (1.5.0), so I updated extlinux from 4.06 to 5.11-pre3 on the computer.
>>
>> I found that the autostart's timeout does not work.
>> The timeout value is correct but nothing happens.
>> It worked well with extlinux 4.06...
>>
>> I tried with extlinux 5.01, 5.10, 5.11-pre3 and 6.01-pre4, same problem.
>>
>> This is probably related to the bios ?
>> Have you encountered this issue ?
>

> Any chance you could post your config?  Are you using the prebuilt
> binaries or making your own?  Using (vesa)menu.c32?  Could your
> DEFAULT or ONTIMEOUT be broken?

I use extlinux 5.11-pre3 compiled from buildroot.

I reproduced the problem under qemu.
The only difference between the two config is the addition of the line
"SERIAL 0 115200 0".

I need to test without SERIAL on the computer to confirm that the
problem comes there. (see also the report "6.01-pre 4 no timeout when
using serial")

Best regards,
Romain

Here is my configuration: