[syslinux] 6.01-pre 4 no timeout when using serial

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Sun Jun 30 05:22:01 PDT 2013

Le 30/06/2013 13:47, Gene Cumm a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Could it be that syslinux is waiting for ever if you use serial mode?
>>>
>>> SERIAL 0 115200
>>
>>> TIMEOUT 300
>>
>> Gert, Romain: Have you tried lowering the serial rate or timeout?  ie:
>>
>> SERIAL 0 9600
>> TIMEOUT 30
>>
>> Romain: is this observed on a physical or virtual machine?
>
> Rather, have you only observed this under qemu?

I noticed this problem on the two.

Previously, my configuration under qemu did not include the line "SERIAL
0 115200". That's why I did not have the problem.

Now I exactly use the same config file on physical an virtual machine,
and I have the problem under qemu too.

I tried (qemu only) with "SERIAL 0 9600" and "TIMEOUT 30", same problem.

The last working version is 4.06.

Thanks for your time,
Romain