[syslinux] "go to the next higher menu" equivalent?

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Fri Mar 1 00:07:27 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 08:32:25PM +0200, Ady wrote:
> > On 02/27/2013 05:11 PM, Ady wrote:
> > >
> > > Right. OTOH, using submenus (instead of loading menu.c32 again and
> > > again) requires more directives to get the same (or as similar as
> > > possible) effect on the menu finally shown, so that's "inefficient"
> > > too.
> > >
> > > Well, since there is no equivalent to the generic "MENU EXIT", I'll
> > > have to consider what's better in my case: pointing to the specific
> > > cfg (no generic term is possible except for the 'main' cfg), or using
> > > more directives with submenus.
> > >

> > I am curious what you see missing.  Perhaps that can be fixed.
> >
> > 	-hpa
> >

> You already answered that menu.c32 is GOTO, there is no history. So
> there is no way to add what is currently missing. Or... maybe I am
> misunderstanding what you meant with "missing" and "can be fixed" in
> this case? Are you referring to submenus?

FWIW: I did read 'what you see missing' as "What is missing?"

IOW it is asking to describe a missing feature.

I'm aware that this message is deep the thread and that I missed
the feature request. It is the 'Perhaps that can be fixed' from hpa
that triggered me to sent this message.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.