[syslinux] [PXELinux 5.01] BUG: "unable to locate configuration file" if directory tftpboot/syslinux exists

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 03:50:38 PST 2013

> Hi,
>
> I'm using PXELinux (on Windows NT5.x, with Windows NT5.x tftpd and the
> PXE server included in the "Windows XP Embedded Remote Boot Server").
> This works well here since more than 10 years now.

 What was (is) the path and name of your PXELINUX configuration file
during all that time that it worked as expected? Which version of
PXELINUX are you using?

> Recently I created a subdirectory "syslinux" in my "tftpboot" ... and
> PXELINUX failed with the message "unable to locate configuration file".
> Renaming that directory works around the bug.
>
> regards
> Stefan Kanthak

 Is there anything inside this new "syslinux" subdirectory? What's
its purpose? (What's the reason for its creation? Does it _have_ to
be named "syslinux" and in that specific location?)

Regards,
Ady.