[syslinux] menu.c32: not a COM32R image

Marc Pascual marc.m.pascual at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 06:23:20 PDT 2013

Thanks for the reply Gene

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) why not run rpm2cpio once?

yeah, I admit to being lazy there. I was looking to clean this up together
with some more, but that can't be the source of the problem, no?

> The error means you have ISOLINUX-4.xx with a non-4.xx menu.c32 (likely
> 3.xx or not really a COM32 at all)

that's the part that confuses me. I copied both isolinux.bin and menu.c32
from the same rpm package.

> 2) temporarily disable your cleanups.

did this as well. nothing out of the ordinary.

> 3) check for /boot/isolinux /boot/syslinux and /syslinux in your ISO.

did this. compared the checksums on the iso and the rpm. it matches on
menu.c32, but not isolinux.bin. I did this a few times, with syslinux from
different releases (RHEL 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, all 6.x's), I always end up
with a modified isolinux.bin. I suppose this is normal (mkisofs doing its
thing?).

-Marc