[syslinux] Syslinux 5.10pre1 - Failed to load COM32 file .c32

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:10:41 PDT 2013

> Hello everyone,
>
> Since I have some some adventures in UEFI PXE booting ahead I tried to
> go with the latest syslinux development snapshot in this case 5.10pre1.
> But I already fail when booting from CD with
>
>     Failed to load COM32 file .c32

I am only guessing here, but it is possible that your problem is
related to a bug introduced after 5.02pre1 (see
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-February/019597.html ) which is
not yet solved in 5.10pre1. I could, of course, be wrong.

Although the original bug report is about the CONFIG directive, in
your isolinux.cfg file you also change to a new cfg file, located in
a different directory, loading [vesa]menu.c32 again.

Although 5.02pre1 has its own issues too, I would suggest testing
your isolinux.cfg with 5.02-pre1, at least to confirm whether the
behavior is the same or not.

Note: Your isolinux.cfg will fail with 5.01 too (but not for the same
reasons). That's why I suggest testing with 5.02-pre1.

HTH,
Ady.