[syslinux] Syslinux 5.10pre1 - Failed to load COM32 file .c32

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Wed Mar 13 06:37:47 PDT 2013

Am 13.03.2013 14:10, schrieb Ady:

> I am only guessing here, but it is possible that your problem is
> related to a bug introduced after 5.02pre1 (see
> http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-February/019597.html ) which is
> not yet solved in 5.10pre1. I could, of course, be wrong.
>
> Although the original bug report is about the CONFIG directive, in
> your isolinux.cfg file you also change to a new cfg file, located in
> a different directory, loading [vesa]menu.c32 again.

I am not loading it again, I am loading it for the first time.
ifcpu64.c32 gets executed immediately, calling the respective label and
then executing vesamenu.c32 for the first time.

> Although 5.02pre1 has its own issues too, I would suggest testing
> your isolinux.cfg with 5.02-pre1, at least to confirm whether the
> behavior is the same or not.

I tested with 5.02pre3 and 5.02pre1. Both don't show the issue mentioned
above.

> Note: Your isolinux.cfg will fail with 5.01 too (but not for the same
> reasons). That's why I suggest testing with 5.02-pre1.

As far as I remember I ran into this issue with 5.01 thus I decided to
try 5.02pre1 and later moved to 5.02pre3. Both without problems. The
release announcement for 5.10pre1 said that besides the merge of lwip
and "a single commit to fixup the -DDEBUG=2 build" there were no changes
between 5.02pre3 and 5.10pre1. So in expectation of 5.10 being the next
5.x release I thought it would be best to go with 5.10preX.

Is there something fundamentally not recommended about this config? I
want to switch as early as possible according to CPU features. Of course
I could change the config to first load vesamenu.cfg and then jump to
invisible labels within this config file according to CPU features.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Redaktion + EDV-Beratung + Linux-CD/DVD-Konzepte
Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Str. 3 - 40667 MEERBUSCH - GERMANY

Telefon (VoIP "ueberall"), geschaeftlich: +49 341 39290767
Telefon (Festnetz), privat und Fax:       +49 2132 9952906
Mobil:                                    +49 163  6953657
Mobil (SIM in Testgeraeten):              +49 1578 3499550

Bitte fuer geschaeftliche Telefonate vorzugsweise die VoIP-Telefonnummer
+49 341 39290767 verwenden, da ich diese aufs Mobiltelefon routen kann!

http://blog.rootserverexperiment.de/ http://news.mattiasschlenker.de/