[syslinux] Syslinux 5.10pre1 - Failed to load COM32 file .c32

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 07:53:05 PDT 2013

> I tested with 5.02pre3 and 5.02pre1. Both don't show the issue mentioned
> above.

So maybe your issue is not the same as that one of the CONFIG
directive.

> > Note: Your isolinux.cfg will fail with 5.01 too (but not for the same
> > reasons). That's why I suggest testing with 5.02-pre1.
>
> As far as I remember I ran into this issue with 5.01 thus I decided to
> try 5.02pre1 and later moved to 5.02pre3. Both without problems.

What you probably saw in 5.01 was a bug, "5.01 whichsys.c32 /
ifcpu64.c32 does not execute labels"
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-February/019423.html which was
solved for 5.02pre1.

FWIW, 5.02pre3 fails with several c32 modules (including
whichsys.c32), so I'm surprised it is working for you with
ifcpu64.c32.

> The
> release announcement for 5.10pre1 said that besides the merge of lwip
> and "a single commit to fixup the -DDEBUG=2 build" there were no changes
> between 5.02pre3 and 5.10pre1. So in expectation of 5.10 being the next
> 5.x release I thought it would be best to go with 5.10preX.
>
> Is there something fundamentally not recommended about this config? I
> want to switch as early as possible according to CPU features. Of course
> I could change the config to first load vesamenu.cfg and then jump to
> invisible labels within this config file according to CPU features.

As far as I can tell, I don't see anything wrong in your isolinux.cfg
(which is the only one you posted). You could probably use 4.06
without problems.

Regards,
Ady.