[syslinux] Syslinux 5.10pre2 - Failed to load COM32 file ldlinux.c32

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:31:16 PDT 2013

> Hi everyone,
>
> this is a follow up to:
>
> http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-March/019666.html
>
> Same config, same .c32 files are present, same directory structure. With
> 5.10pre2 I get the error "Failed to load COM32 file ldlinux.c32". At
> least now I know which file cannot be loaded. But ldlinux.c32 is
> present! Should I try with isolinux-debug.bin? Should I move everything
> from /boot/isolinux to /isolinux?
>
> Regards,
> Mattias

I would suggest adding "PROMPT 1" to you cfg files for
troubleshooting. If the first "boot:" prompt shows up without any
other messages, then the initial isolinux.bin + ldlinux.c32 are
found. If there are additional messages under this situation, please
report them.

Now, if the initial "boot:" prompt shows up correctly with no
additional messages, and further steps (executing the default label)
leads you to some "ldlinux.c32 not found" (or similar), then you
would probably need to also post here the additional cfg files, and
the specific (error) messages.

In order to narrow down the source of the problem, you could also try
testing ifcpu64.c32 with and without using vesamenu.c32 and comparing
both results. I mean something like:

 *** isolinux.cfg start ***
DEFAULT switch
PROMPT 1

LABEL switch
         COM32 /boot/isolinux/ifcpu64.c32
         APPEND sifomenu -- paemenu -- nopamenu

LABEL paemenu
         COM32 /boot/isolinux/hello.c32

LABEL nopamenu
         COM32 /boot/isolinux/hello.c32

LABEL sifomenu
         COM32 /boot/isolinux/hello.c32

 *** isolinux.cfg end ***

in addition to your original isolinux.cfg (of course, adding all the
relevant c32 files to /boot/isolinux/).

It would be useful to use the official binaries for these tests, so
any reports from you can be replicated as close as possible.

HTH,
Ady.