[syslinux] Syslinux 5.10pre2 - ifcpu64.c32 - Failed to load COM32 file ldlinux.c32

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:14:31 PDT 2013

> It should be quite easy: Remove isolinux.cfg and rebuild the ISO with
> vanilla binaries, right? The expected behaviour is complaining about a
> non existent configuration and falling back to the prompt boot:. It did.
> From this prompt, vesamenu.c32 behaved as expected and ifcpu.c32 behaved
> as expected by showing the error/usage message. However, running
> ifcpu64.c32 without arguments just showed:

> Seems the lwip merge also broke ifcpu64.c32. By the way: Might I request
> the feature that each bianary tells it's name before complaining that it
> cannot load modules? In my case
>
>     ifcpu64.c32: Failed to load COM32 file ldlinux.c32
>
> would have saved at least one hour of work compared to the current error
> message:
>
>     Failed to load COM32 file ldlinux.c32
>

> Thanks!
> Mattias

Hi Mattias,

I don't know if you tried the alternative cfg file I suggested for
troubleshooting by comparison (
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-March/019702.html ).

Your description sounds as if some path or cfg file name is incorrect
(typo?).

BTW, ifcpu64.c32 has no "adequate" or "correct" or "expected"
behavior when it is started without parameters. Only ifcpu.c32 (not
ifcpu64.c32) will show you its usage when executed with no
parameters.

Is there any new information or tests' results you could provide?

Regards,
Ady.