[syslinux] Allowed code pages and encodings to write f0.txt through f1.txt?

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Tue Mar 26 16:02:53 PDT 2013

Hi there.

Slackware's installer, that I am internationalizing, makes use of ISOLINUX.

I want to give instructions to users in other languages than US English, e.g. which code to type
to see installation messages in their native language.

So my question are:

(1) Which character encodings can be used in message.txt and f1.txt through f1O.txt?
(2) Is UTF-8 allowed?
(3) I'm guessing that information in /codebase could be useful to answer my questions but
     don't know how I could use it. Could you please shed some light on this directory's
     content purpose and usage? (I'm not a programmer).

TIA for your answers

Didier