[syslinux] Rock Ridge. Was: Allowed code pages and encodings to write f0.txt through f1.txt?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Mar 28 14:34:35 PDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 02:15 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Some open questions:
>
> How do i check for success or failure of  get_cache()  ?

get_cache() doesn't return on failure; instead it triggers the boot
failure path.  (Actually, it looks like it doesn't right now, but it
should.)

It might be wise to check for a NULL pointer in case we eventually
implement a failure path.

> Shall the new code become part of iso9660/iso9660.c
> or shall i start a new source file iso9660/susp.c ?

A new source file is probably better.

> Would it be ok to extend struct iso_sb_info ?
> (I should implement non-zero skip length that might be defined by
>  the SUSP SP entry. Probably i find more use for global-ish parameters.)

Yes, that is just fine.