[syslinux] Question regarding config, not sure if syslinux or tftp-hpa related

T. Ermlich pelegrine at gmx.net
Sat Mar 30 01:58:45 PDT 2013

Good morning everybody,

I'm pretty new to syslinux & tftp-hpa, and so I'm not quite sure where
my question belongs to, but I'll try it here first.

I want to enhance the network services by offering a LTSP (just for the
case the pc or laptop doesn't work for some reasons). And so, for
testing, I added a second linux-based system (lets call it system-b).
Currently the tftpd (running on system-a) offers booting from local hdd,
a BitDefender virus-scan, starting clonezilla and starting
SystemRescueCD. Fifth option should be LTSP.

So, could I use statements in pxelinux.cfg/default (on system-a) like:
label ltsp
kernel tftp://system-b/ltsp/vmlinuz
append ro initrd=tftp://system-b/ltsp/initrd.img quiet root=/dev/nfs
ip=dhcp boot=nfs

Or is there another way to link to another system for booting?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english, as I'm not a native english
speaker ...

cu
Torsten