[syslinux] Question regarding config, not sure if syslinux or tftp-hpa related

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 05:13:09 PDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 4:58 AM, T. Ermlich <pelegrine at gmx.net> wrote:
> So, could I use statements in pxelinux.cfg/default (on system-a) like:
> label ltsp
> kernel tftp://system-b/ltsp/vmlinuz
> append ro initrd=tftp://system-b/ltsp/initrd.img quiet root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp
> boot=nfs
>
> Or is there another way to link to another system for booting?

If you wanted to have another PXELINUX and config on your LTSP server
box, one of the following (version-dependent):

LABEL ltsp-c32
COM32 pxechn.c32
APPEND tftp://system-b/pxelinux.0

LABEL ltsp-com
COM pxechain.com
APPEND tftp://system-b/pxelinux.0

pxechain.com was removed as of 5.00.  pxechn.c32 was added in 4.06.
One helpful option would be -c (config; just remember this file is
attempted before the usual fallbacks).  See also doc/pxechn.txt.

You could also use gpxelinux.0/lpxelinux.0 if you wanted to use HTTP.
When I set this up, I often use a subdirectory on the HTTP server (ie
http://server-b/tftp/ is equal to tftp://server-b/ )

> Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english, as I'm not a native english
> speaker ...

Thanks for the warning but I think you did a good job.

--
-Gene