[syslinux] ifcpu[64].c32 functions drop to command line

John McDonnell mcdonnjd at pcam.org
Wed May 1 15:27:35 PDT 2013

> On Behalf Of Ady
> May I suggest comparing the behavior between 5.10-pre2 and 5.02-pre3
> (with their respective c32 modules too, of course)?
>
> Both should have ifcpu.c32 working in the same manner (which is different
> from 5.01), but 5.10-pre2 has several additional changes (including the lwip
> merge, among others).
>
> According to their respective behavior, it might narrow down the source of
> the problem (specially if in your setup these 2 versions happen to behave
> differently between each other).
>
> Regards,
> Ady.

Well, I somehow managed to screw up my TFTP log file, so I'm not seeing what's coming across the logs, but with 5.02-pre3, ifcpu.c32 works and HTTP booting works as well.

> On Behalf Of H. Peter Anvin
>
> I think the ifcpu problem is pretty clear... and 5.02-pre* won't help narrow
> down the http problem.  I think we're narrowing in on the problem.
>
>       -hpa

Well, it might not narrow down the problem, but 5.02-pre3 does work perfectly for me right now. ;)
ifcpu.c32 works properly, HTTP booting works properly, and the graphical menu loads properly which are all things that 5.10-pre2 chokes on for me.

If there's anything you need from me to help narrow down the problem or have me test anything, let me know and I can give it a go.

--
John D McDonnell