[syslinux] MEMDISK location in memory

Martin Osterloh Martin.Osterloh at dartmouth.edu
Tue May 14 09:04:02 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am new to Syslinux and Memdisk. I setup a PXE boot server that services an image file via memdisk. This works very well.

However, I am trying to figure out as to where memdisk the image puts in memory? On the wiki page it says: "MEMDISK simulates a disk by claiming a chunk of high memory for the disk and a (very small - 2K typical) chunk of low (DOS) memory for the driver itself, then hooking the INT 13h (disk driver) and INT 15h (memory query) BIOS interrupts."

Well, where is that "high memory chunk"?

Thanks!
--Martin