[syslinux] memdisk and iso

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Wed May 15 10:33:49 PDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to boot a server via PXE with following configured for its PXE.

LABEL IMP
MENU LABEL IMP
LINUX memdisk
INITRD linuxIso.iso
APPEND iso

I haven't been able to get this work, probably only because of network
speed. PXE server is on RHEL 5.8 and syslinux 5.x

While I was booting the server, I ran dstat on PXE server and saw the
outgoing network speed was 400-500Bytes. So looks like there is limitation
on speed via TFTP.

I am wondering if there is any way I can modify parameters to transfer it
via NFS ? ISO is about 700MB. I have NFS services running on PXE that use
for kickstarting redhat machines.

Thanks.