[syslinux] [syslinux:firmware] ldlinux: use platform filename extension

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu May 16 08:04:38 PDT 2013

On 05/16/2013 07:35 AM, Matt Fleming wrote:>
> ldlinux.* is loaded before we parse any config files. This commit
> doesn't apply to all .c32 modules, just ldlinux.*, which is special
> anyway. This isn't a flag day change where everyone is going to have to
> update their config files to no longer reference *.c32.

Okay.

> Pre-initialising the path forces a file hierarchy scheme upon users on
> top of the ones we already have. If we're only pre-initialising the path
> so we can find ldlinux.*, that's probably not a big deal, but I don't
> think we should be using this path for all .c32 files, if that's what
> you were implying?

That is what I'm implying... obviously for users who only care about
more than one platform the seek would fall back to the previous.  The
biggest issue is on network booting... searching is expensive there.

The best is really to have the entire bootloader in a separate
hierarchy, but how to get there without breaking the universe is the
question.