[syslinux] Suggestion: MENU DISABLE and MENU HIDE for submenus

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 15:56:43 PDT 2013

Hello Syslinux Team,

As known, the "MENU DISABLE" and "MENU HIDE" directives are valid
only after a LABEL directive. In addition to their main purpose, they
are sometimes useful for troubleshooting / simplifying / improving
(sections of) menus, without having to temporarily delete or comment
out (possibly large) parts of an already-existent menu.

I'd like to suggest, if it is possible, the extension of these two
directives, so to be also applicable to submenus. A submenu "parent"
entry would be either disabled or hidden, respectively, just as a
simple menu entry is currently affected by these two directives.

I wish I had the necessary skills to pursue this suggestion by
myself. Since I don't have them...

TIA,
Ady.