[syslinux] Sysinux 6 will not boot ISOs on BIOS (i.e. pre-UEFI) systems

Carl Duff cdrw2400 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 06:30:06 PST 2013

It occured with every BIOS system I tested on (none of them Dell):

1. HP G62 laptop (i3)
2. Samsung  RV520 (i3)

Don't know what system Philip Muller uses; have copied him in as he has far
more technical knowledge than I do. Syslinux tested from Arch and Manjaro
(an Arch derivative). Basically found then when creating latest ISO images.

I may be missing something as well about the FMs. Just didn't have this
problem with Syslinux 4...

Carl