[syslinux] syslinux.efi pxeboot across multiple subnets

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 20:16:46 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> back with token->Status == 512, which (if I read the spec right) isn't a
>>> valid value. I'm not sure what is coming through on that. I changed the if
>>> to if (token->Event) { cb_status = 0; }
>>>
>>> Looks like the same thing with tcp.c. After I changed that callback,
>>> everything went through and I go into the OS install.
>>>
>>> But, if I go back to 1 subnet after those changes, it errors out with
>>> Invalid Parameter when attempting to send the first packet.
>>>
>>> (Sorry for the top posting.)
>>
>> I just started examining this and find it odd that the core_udp_recv()
>> doesn't zalloc() its token while core_udp_send()/core_udp_sendto() do.
>>  All three are a part of commit fe283b78 by Matt Fleming.  Should this
>> be made into a zalloc() rather than pushing it into the stack?  It'd
>> seem like it could run some stack issues plus there's no guarantee
>> what's in it (unless there's some stack trickery just before the calls
>> to core_udp_recv() )
>
> Aside from the core_udp_recv() question, I've got another patch but
> just need to clean it a little.
>
> --
> -Gene

Jason, any chance you could try branch efi-fixes ?  I don't like
having to loop on configure without some sort of idle-wait in the loop
but I don't believe there's any idle-wait in the bare core.

  git://github.com/geneC/syslinux.git efi-fixes

If udp4_cb() still causes issues, I'd probably say do the following as the if:

    if ((token->Status == EFI_SUCCESS) || (token->Event))

although I'm still rereading the UEFI spec to understand how this is
supposed to work.

--
-Gene