[syslinux] lpxelinux.0 - 6.02 - failed to load ldlinux.c32

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 04:39:10 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 4:08 AM, Petry Roman, SHS-S IT-TS
<Roman.Petry at shsservices.org> wrote:
> Hello Geert
> Thanks for replying.. But i think i can´t use it, as i don´t reach the point where the debug module will be available.. it just pulls the lpxelinux.0 and tries to get the next download-- the ldlinux.c32 and it fails...and freezes.

You're right.  Since you can't grab ldlinux.c32, dynamic debugging is useless.

> And the next step would be other modules i think.. if i´m wrong.. excuse me 8-).. yesterday i managed to get ipxelinux working from ipxe.org.. so the nic should work. I used the undionly.kpxe on all models and it worked.. so i think it should be possible to fix this with lpxelinux.0..

My guess is that either lwIP thinks the packets are malformed or your
system says interrupts are OK when they don't actually work (hence
asking for the flags value).

> Ipxe was just a test, but what i really want is lpxelinux as my menus and te system behind are syslinux based 8-).. the ipxe guys had the ability to put more debug output to the normal screen by compiling the bin file with a DEBUG Parameter. Lpxelinux doesn´t have such a thing, i guess ?
>
> Perhaps someone else has another tip.

A workaround for now is telling iPXE to grab pxelinux.0 or lpxelinux.0
(the former should be safer but the latter should also work).

With printf() living in ldlllinux.c32, I'm not sure what can be done
at this time.  Using the following likely won't work as a result:

    GCCWARN += -DUNDIIF_ID_DEBUG=0x80U -DLWIP_DEBUG -DDEBUG_STDIO

--
-Gene