[syslinux] searching syslinux site

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 02:03:40 PDT 2013

> On 10/30/2013 10:29 AM, Ady wrote:
> >

> >> A Google search with site:syslinux.org should work.
> >>
> >> 	-hpa
> >
> > As I pointed out in the ML more than once during the last months,
> > that method *might* give, in some "random" case(s), a relevant
> > result. But since Google has stopped caching / adding results from
> > syslinux.org (for a whole year now), that method is no longer a
> > generic reliable one.
> >

> I thought that had been fixed.
>
> 	-hpa

I don't think so.

In my experience, Google would currently find about a dozen matches
from 5 email threads for September 2013; we know there were more
email threads than that.

For October Google would currently find no email thread from the
Syslinux mailing list, but perhaps that's how it works until the
month is actually archived.

At least one Mailing List Archive web service based on Google is
currently listing the Syslinux ML as "Dormant", so it stopped
archiving the ML since May 2013.

I have had similar experiences with other search services for the
last 12 months.

Regards,
Ady.