[syslinux] Syslinux 6.02 BIOS - issue on physical devices

Marcin Celebucki marcincelebucki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:32:55 PDT 2013

Hi

Thanks for confirmation about syslinux 6.02 requirements.
I see small misunderstanding. A used word "Syslinux 6.02 BIOS" mean the
respective syslinux binary files from "/bios" subdirectory for PC's with
Legacy PXE or PC's with PXE where CSM mode is enabled.

Some idea where is the issue?
Do the syslinux 6.02 working well from PXE on multiple PC's in your place?

2013/10/31 Geert Stappers <stappers w stappers.nl>

> Op 2013-10-30 om 21:43 schreef Marcin Celebucki:
> > Hello
> >
> > My name is Marcin, I am pleased to write here ; -) a have some problems
> > with syslinux. I hope that you will help.
> >
> > On my company we use the syslinux from a long time. Now we use the
> > sys(pxe)linux 4.06 and working very well.
> >
> > Yesterday i starting collect the needed files for syslinux 6.02 BIOS on
> > virtualbox 4.3.
> > I test everything, memtest, Windows PE, ubuntu etc.. everything works
> well.
> >
> > I moved all files to physically device HP Proliant with Windows Server
> 2008.
> > All configuration is not changed. Only the "Open TFTP" root folder has
> > other location.
> >
> > I checked the new sys(pxe)linux on HP dv7 / HP m6 notebooks. The menu is
> > working fine the splash screen displayed but I can't boot any option
> > successfully. When option is selected the kernel / initrd is loading but
> > after download last file the notebook is restarting itself.
> >
> > What is wrong?
>
> I don't know. It could be the BIOS on this particular server.
> Try another physical server that has at least another BIOS version.
>

> > Do the syslinux now required special DHCP options, TFTP?
>
> No, not required. However you can use them for tweaking.
>

> > Thanks
> >
> > Best regards / Pozdrawiam
> >
> > Marcin Celebucki
>
> Groeten