[syslinux] syslinux.efi: Can't put absolute path in configuration

Celelibi celelibi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 12:56:22 PDT 2013

Hello,

Apparently I can't put absolute path in the config file. Here is what happen.

The DHCP server send the option filename = "/srv/tftp/efi64/syslinux.efi".
The client download and boot on this file.
It find its first configuration in /srv/tftp/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default
Then, I'd like to chain on the config file
/srv/tftp/debian-installer/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default. Thus the first
file "default" contains this:

label debian
        menu label Debian
        menu default
        config /debian-installer/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default

And then, the tftpd receive a request for the file:
/srv/tftp/efi64//debian-installer/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default
Which is not the desired effect.

Just to be clear, I'll recap the requests my tftpd receive:
/srv/tftp/efi64/syslinux.efi
/srv/tftp/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default
/srv/tftp/efi64//debian-installer/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default
instead of /srv/tftp/debian-installer/efi64/pxelinux.cfg/default

Note that I can't use "../" because my tftpd feel threatened by this
and refuse to serve any file containing "..".

Is that a bug?
Or a whishlist? :)

Regards,
Celelibi