[syslinux] One DHCP/PXE config for BIOS, EFI32, and EFI64 clients?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Wed Sep 25 10:44:41 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 14:57 +0800, Steven Shiau wrote:

> So, is there any method that I can make it so that those config files
> based on MAC address and IP address could be loaded?
> Thanks in advance.

Yes; you can configure your DHCP server to hand out different values for
the pxelinux.configfile option to specific clients, matching on MAC
address or a variety of other conditions.  Of course, this means that
the config file for that machine will need to know what firmware to
expect and thus what path to set.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer