[syslinux] *.c32 for efi64 and efi32?

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 03:12:46 PDT 2014

On Apr 23, 2014 5:31 AM, "Ady" <ady-sf at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Currently, a Syslinux module that requires another Syslinux Library
> module to work looks for its (full) name. For instance, hdt.c32 looks
> for several lib*.c32 modules so to be able to work. The searched-for
> paths start at the Current Working Directory, and then potentially
> continues according to the PATH directive.

Currently, the linker drops text strings into hdt.c32 specifying its
dependencies and the Syslinux core hunts for those. It would be a change of
the Makefiles and the list of filename suffixes to attempt which is already
variant-specific.  I believe this becomes a near-trivial development change.

However, I think the bigger impact is on the user side as any scripts used
to copy them around and any config files will likely change.  Currently, my
config files all reference COM32s with ".c32" (the preferred setup add it
eliminates the filename guessing game) and I'd need to remove that to keep
things universal and slow things down in the process.

--Gene