[syslinux] SYSLINUX PXE LOCALBOOT Bitlockers

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Mon Apr 28 13:01:50 PDT 2014

Am 28.04.2014 21:37, schrieb Taylor Jr, Matthew [U.S. Computer Corp]:
> Hello;
>
> I use Bitlocker on my machines and I notice that when I am in my PXE Menu and I select "Boot to Local Hard Drive" it continues on then bitlockers. I am assuming that the syslinux is still in memory, bitlocker is being triggered because of the change. I need a solution to overcome this. I cannot remove bitlocker from the machines.

This is "expected behaviour": local boot tells the BIOS "boot from
network failed, continue with next device". You probably better remove
"Boot to Local Hard Drive" from the PXE boot menu if you don't want to
see this behaviour.

Regards,
Matt

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
                              redaktion at mattiasschlenker.de
Mattias Schlenker - IT-Consulting, Softwareentwicklung
                             consulting at mattiasschlenker.de

Adresse:    August-Bebel-Str. 74 - 04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Umsatzsteuer-ID/VATIN:                         DE240998538
WWW: www.mattiasschlenker.de www.arduino-hausautomation.de