[syslinux] SYSLINUX PXE LOCALBOOT Bitlockers

Ian Bannerman ian at internals.io
Tue Apr 29 11:43:00 PDT 2014

Any deviation from the expected boot process will prevent BitLocker from accessing the volume key in the TPM. One reason this behavior exists is to prevent malicious code from being loaded (such as via booting first to CD / USB / PXE, loading malware, and then continuing to boot to Windows). So what's happening here is the deviation from firmware -> PXE -> HDD is detected and the volume key is not released.
There is no circumventing this behavior.
--Ian