[syslinux] Issues with syslinux_run_command(str) and parameters

Ian Bannerman ian at internals.io
Tue Apr 29 17:49:34 PDT 2014

I did confirm earlier that this does work, and combined with a MENU HIDDEN to hide it from the visible menu it is a possible solution. I originally assumed that this was due to that going down a different code path and did not mention it, apologies. The scale of my menu makes doubling/tripling menu entries less ideal, though.

Do we consider it intended functionality that modules such as whichsys will not work under ALLOWOPTIONS 0? A strict reading of the wiki would allow for this, as the subsequently loaded module does not have parameters in an append label: http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#ALLOWOPTIONS_flag_val

Naturally given my situation here, I think it would be ideal if we could separate disabling user edits & commands from blocking modules loading other modules, etc. :)
--Ian