[syslinux] Issues with syslinux_run_command(str) and parameters

Ian Bannerman ian at internals.io
Tue Apr 29 19:27:46 PDT 2014

Yes, MENU HIDE would work as well, but still requires additional entries for each case (possible entries for pxe, syslinux, isolinux, cpu architectures, PCI devices, lua scripting scenarios, etc.)

By blocking modules, I meant that as long as I disable user editing of menu commands via ALLOWOPTIONS 0, I cannot use any of the following com32 modules without creating duplicate LABEL entries for each possible scenario. All of these modules use syslinux_run_cmd() so parameters on the command line will not be received:
- gfxboot.c32- cmd.c32- lua.c32- ethersel.c32- ifcpu.c32- ifcpu64.c32- ifmemdsk.c32- ifplop.c32- whichsys.c32- rosh.c32

This doesn't feel like an intended restriction of ALLOWOPTIONS 0.

--Ian