[syslinux] Fn textfile background

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:42:11 PDT 2014

> On 08/25/2014 07:49 PM, Ady wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In doc/menu.txt:
> > "F1 textfile [background]"
> >
> > I am trying the second optional parameter using 640x480 x 4bits color
> > depth png's.
> >
> > Should I be using a different file format?
> > Or a different color depth?
> > Or specific colors?
> >
> > Which versions are supposed to support the second optional parameter,
> > "background", from menu.c32?
> >
> > I have tried (and failed) with (menu.c32) v.3.86 and v.4.07.
> >
> > Or, perhaps this documentation is incomplete / wrong?
> >

> Well, it obviously requires vesamenu.c32 since it is graphical.
>
> 	-hpa

Is the matter related to the png format of the background?

In other words, if, instead of png, I choose LSS16, should it work
with menu.c32 (in v3.86 or v.4.07) with this same syntax?

Or, is the second parameter syntax itself not available for menu.c32
(and/or in CLI) whichever the format of the background?

TIA,
Ady.