[syslinux] vesamenu back to text before booting

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:54:22 PST 2014

> On 12/03/2014 08:43 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Dec 2014, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> >
> >> Ah, depends on the image type.  We spoke reset for an NBP though.
> >
> > ?!
> >

> Should, not spoke.
>
> 	-hpa

Considering that:

_ MENU CLEAR and [Ctrl+L] are partially failing; and
_ The default (but not the minimal) screen resolution for EFI firmware
is 1024x768; and,
_ LSS16 support has not been yet implemented in Syslinux 6.xx (and many
of us are awaiting for it);

then perhaps the (whole) graphical features / behaviors in Syslinux
6.xx should be reviewed, instead of making patches for specific
environments / situations / cases.

FWIW, since there should be alternatives (such as loading menu.c32, or
escaping to the boot CLI and then launching the label), I admit I care
more about regression bugs, such as kernels being able to be booted
from Syslinux 6.01 but not from 6.03.

Regards,
Ady.