[syslinux] vesamenu back to text before booting

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Thu Dec 4 08:27:46 PST 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014, Gene Cumm wrote:

> Ady has an excellent point.  Try the following instead:
>
>   LABEL test
>     MENU LABEL test
>     COM32 pxechn.c32
>     APPEND pxebsd.0

Thanks, that works! How do I use that in the generic case?
The “pxebsd.0” file can be called as…

– PXE loader
– COMBOOT (16-bit)
– DOS .COM
– Multiboot (although it switches back to 16-bit mode immediately)
– from its own bootsector, if installed on disc (blocklist)

Normally I’d chain into it as COMBOOT, but that no longer
works (this used to work for both ISOLINUX and PXELINUX,
and the other two, although I rarely tested them).
Now I’ve got a working method for PXELINUX, but that leaves
the others still?

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--