[syslinux] vesamenu back to text before booting

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri Dec 5 01:16:10 PST 2014

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Gene Cumm wrote:

> >> mostly in C and be BIOS-only) or making the MirOS kernel act like
> >> either an MBOOT kernel or a Linux kernel (for their boot protocols),

The MirBSD _bootloader_ (not kernel) can act as a Multiboot kernel.
It can then use disc access (not PXE), or you can pass it the “real”
kernel, but also e.g. configuration files, as Multiboot modules,
which are made available as a pseudo-filesystem inside that loader.

> If so: http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Mboot.c32

I’m not permitted to edit either that page or its talk page.
Do I submit the content addition here, then?

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH