[syslinux] vesamenu back to text before booting

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:10:44 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser at tarent.de> wrote:

> The MirBSD _bootloader_ (not kernel) can act as a Multiboot kernel.

Good.

> It can then use disc access (not PXE), or you can pass it the “real”
> kernel, but also e.g. configuration files, as Multiboot modules,
> which are made available as a pseudo-filesystem inside that loader.

This should then make it universal (not specific to a particular
variant/file system).

>> If so: http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Mboot.c32
>
> I’m not permitted to edit either that page or its talk page.
> Do I submit the content addition here, then?

1) I was showing the name of and instructions for mboot.c32 such that
hopefully we could work out a MirOS-specific example(s) (which I think
I'd rather see in both places and you already did).

2) New users don't have edit (thought there was a notice during signup
that existed at some point ) and you need a wikiadmin (done).

--
-Gene