[syslinux] syslinux 6.03 does not boot some kernels

Johann Hartwig Hauschild hardy+syslinux at foxxnet.de
Sun Dec 7 10:18:43 PST 2014

Am 07.12.2014 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 05:35:37PM +0100, Johann Hartwig Hauschild wrote:
> >
> > I just had a look at the kernel-docs and the discussion here in november.
> > This issue should not be happening if I build a pre-3.3-kernel with
> > CONFIG_RELOCATABLE=y, CONFIG_EFI=y and CONFIG_EFI_STUB=y, right?
>
> Those are allready at those values
> at http://www.alle-irre.de/~hardy/syslinux/linux-3.2.0-4-amd64/config-3.2.0-4-amd64

That's why I am asking. If this is an issue that was broken with every
kernel release before 3.3 and there's no way to generate an appropriate
config for those kernels thats (sort of) fine with me, but if it should work
with an appropriate config but does not it really is a different matter.

--
Cheers,
	Hardy