[syslinux] Using of pxelinux configfiles for both BIOS and UEFI boot

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 9 07:11:50 PST 2014

> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Leenders, Peter
> <Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com> wrote:
>
> > This look promising, if I could separate the config files for the different
> > boot architectures Bios and UEFI. I have 2 different boot files in 2
> > different locations, but after startup they both  refer to the
> > tftproot/pxlinux.cfg/default config file. The DHCP Option 209 may solve this
> > if the ZENworks tftp server support this option with different values
> > depending on the architecture. Unfortuanelly til now I didn´t found out if
> > there is a support for this option.
>
> No need. Again, you have choices.
>
> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Hardcoded_options
>
> --
> -Gene

A couple of comments that might be relevant:

_ You mentioned you "have 2 different boot files in 2 different
locations". You should be able to use 2 different boot files with 2
respective configuration files, all in one-and-the-same root location.
In other words: dhcp option 209 (pxelinux.configfile) would point to 2
different config files, while option 210 (pxelinux.pathprefix) _can_ be
the same for both types of firmware.

_ pxelinux-options was broken since 4.00, so you need version 6.03 (or
newer).

Regards,
Ady.