[syslinux] PXE boot error

Willem Bargeman willem at bargeman.eu
Tue Dec 16 09:34:04 PST 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Below the answers.

_ When you update the version of pxelinux.0, are you also updating the
version of ldlinux.c32?
Yes, I've updated both files.

_ The version of all the c32 files in use shall match the version of
the boot loader.
Yes, I've copied all the files which we are using. The version of all
the files is the same.

_ When you mention the error message, "Failed to load...", is always
the same file being mentioned? Or are you seeing instead other files
mentioned in the message in same cases?
It's always the same file in the error message.

_ Have you tested with the official upstream pre-compiled binaries from
version 6.03 final downloaded from kernel.org (as oppose to using your
own compiled binaries, or some package from some distro)?
Yes, I've used the official binaries. Not some own compiled binaries.

_ Are the same binaries working correctly in some other hardware while
failing in specific models only?
At this moment we have issues with one specific hardware model. It's a
HP T5540 Thin client. We have many other hardware that is working
great with this version.

Version 6.03-pre9 > not working
Version 6.03-pre14 > working
Version 6.03 final > not working