[syslinux] PXE boot error on a thin client

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:13:37 PST 2014

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've collected more information.
> >
> > * USB boot is working with the 6.03 final release
> > * we have tried multiple 6.03 pre releases. Below the results
> >       pre9 - pre11        not working
> >       pre12                  working
> >       pre13                  not working
> >       pre14 - pre16      working
> >       pre17 - final         not working
> > * I've created a pcap file while booting the HP T5540 client. The tftp
> > server will deliver the pxelinux.0 file. After this tftp transfer I
> > will see a error in the pcap file.
> >        Unknown (0xcc32) [ETHERNET FRAME CHECK SEQUENCE INCORRECT]
> >   I see also a TFTP unknow opcode. 52274. This is the last message in
> > the TFTP transfer.
> > * We are using pxelinux.0 and not lpxelinux.0
> > * Till now, only the HP T5540 is not working.
> >
> > Regards, Willem

What about a BIOS version / revision / update as I previously asked:
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-December/022945.html

@Willem, please see the second half of that email with the relevant
comments / questions (specially about the BIOS).

We have seen already several times that a BIOS update solved this kind
of "works with pre-release X but not Y in specific hardware" issues.

Regards,
Ady.