[syslinux] trouble building at efi/check-gnu-efi.sh

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 05:05:36 PST 2014

ok I'm not building from git; I just downloaded/extracted "syslinux-6.03.tar.gz" into a directory and build it from there.
Now I've erased the "> /dev/null 2>&1 " from check-gnu-efi.sh and I'm getting.

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Failed to build gnu-efi. Execute the following command for full details:

I do not want to build from git; I want to have a set of source files that can make my Syslinux builds
consistent all the time.
I understand Syslinux is picky about the version of gnu-efi used then;
why not to distribute the gnu-efi source that is used on 6.03?
What should I do in order to get the missing efi code base not depending on git??

Thanks a lot.